Norwalk Schools have teamed up with 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count!
Healthy Choices Count is helping create healthier environments in schools, child care and out-of-school programs, health care practices, workplaces, and communities — the places where children and their families live, learn, work, and play. It is centered around the common message of 5-2-1-0:
- 5 or more fruits and vegetables
- 2 hours or less of screen time
- 1 hour or more of physical activity
- 0 sugary drinks — more water
As a part of 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count, the Wellness Team will be working to improve Norwalk School’s nutrition and physical activity environment and adding the 5-2-1-0 behaviors into daily activities. As part of our work, you may hear your child talking about 5-2-1-0. Don’t hesitate to get involved or ask what we are working on.
Major goals include:
- Increasing physical activity throughout the day through exploring alternative student seating/standing in classrooms.
- Working with students and Food & Nutrition to educate students and families about school food by creating informational videos.