Mission, Vision and Values
Growing Learners and Leaders.
To achieve our mission, Norwalk Community Schools will create classroom and school environments that develop:
- critical and reflective thinking
- complex communication
- creativity and innovation
- collaboration and community
- flexibility and adaptability
- productivity and accountability
At Norwalk Community Schools, we believe…
- In high standards of learning and performance for all students and staff.
- Student learning is the collective responsibility of everyone in the system. All educators will work collaboratively in recurring cycles of collective inquiry and action research to achieve better results for the students we serve.
- All students can learn, but each child learns in different ways and at a different rate.
- All students deserve access to a rigorous, rich and engaging standards-referenced core curriculum. Aligned content, instruction and assessment practices will ensure a guaranteed and viable curriculum for all students.
- In a safe environment that supports the total development of the whole child: intellectual, social, emotional, and physical.
- Leadership should be balanced, transparent and distributed throughout the system.
- Data, evidence and results inform all decision-making.
- The best way to improve student outcomes is to develop high quality instruction in every classroom across the entire system. We will prioritize resources and professional capital to support this value.
- In providing equitable physical facilities and program offerings regardless of the students’ attendance center.
- Smaller learning communities within a larger setting maximize learning and enhance efficiency.
- In a collaborative culture that respects diversity, individual differences and community values. Relationship building requires trust, mutual respect, and open and honest communication.