Where do I start?
Norwalk welcomes all students that live within our district to be a part of the Warrior Way! Norwalk is one of the fastest growing and successful districts in Iowa. Student proficiency often exceeds ninety percent. Norwalk is annually recognized as one of Iowa’s top 25 schools for advanced placement participation.
Our District Office is located at 380 Wright Road. However, you are able to register online. Below, you will find the steps to register your student at Norwalk Schools:
Please use a Windows laptop or desktop computer to complete the Online Registration (OLR) process. Recommended web browers are: Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari. While we recommend using a computer to do the process, you can finish it on an apple or iOS device if you use the Puffin browser app. The Puffin browser is available in the Apple App Store at this link.
Be sure to continue on the application until you click the final SUBMIT button.
FAMILIES WITH STUDENTS CURRENTLY ATTENDING NORWALK SCHOOLS (EXISTING FAMILIES):
- check your Parent Portal for the registration link. It will be in the bottom on the left hand side of the window.
NEW FAMILIES TO THE DISTRICT:
- For families who currently have no students in the system, please use our Kiosk application here – This would include families in our Pre-K programs. http://tinyurl.com/NewFamilyOLR
- For acceptable proof of residency, click HERE.
- The U.S. Dept. of Education has implemented new, requirements for school districts to report student race and ethnicity. Your answers to the following will be held strictly confidential and data will be used only in the aggregate. Please click HERE.
- Parents who live in a separate house than their child, will need to complete a form to be added to Infinite Campus. This will allow you to receive communication about your student from the buildings for events/activities, early dismissals and other student information.
2. For families who qualify for Free/Reduced Lunch, click HERE for information and application forms.
If you have additional questions not addressed in the FAQ above, feel free contact Norwalk Registrar HERE.
How can I get involved?
Part of what makes our district successful is an active and involved community of parents. We have several organizations that offer our parents a way to meet other parents and become involved in their student’s activities. Some of the most popular are the Norwalk PTO, the Watchdogs program for dads, Student Education Foundation, Norwalk Music Boosters, and Norwalk Athletic Boosters. We encourage all our new families to contact those organizations to see if there are ways to volunteer and and play an active role.
Please remember that we do ask all our district volunteers to register in our Keep n Track system available here. There are rules and safety precautions in place in all our buildings in accordance with Iowa and Federal laws. Some of our buildings also collect volunteer information as part of their registration process, so be sure to ask at the office about how you can help.
Is there assistance available for new students?
Yes, there is. Each of our buildings offer tours for new students, led by other students (to make them feel more at ease on their first few days). Also, we have a Student Services department that helps coordinate any other available services a student might need upon arrival in our district. Please feel free to reach out to Eric Neessen if your student has any special needs or if you could use some assistance with finding local programs and resources for your student. His office is located in our District Office building at 380 Wright Rd.